This Week The Trend

My photo
Bluffton, OH, United States
doing little, enjoying lots.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

workin for the weekend

alllllllllllllllllllll ive done this weekend is sit on aarons bed and watch the food channel while working on my dress.
(in case you dont know yet, im making a dress inspired by the work of the artist Kieth Harring. hes from the 80's and he died of aids. anyways, our project was that we were supposed to create a work of art inspired by him. i decided i was tired of using the typical materials so im making my own dress! im crocheting it, actually. my teacher was like "you only have 4 days, doesnt crochet take a long time?" and i was like

"not if you're good."


so anyways, im pretty excited about it. i hope it turns out well. its basically a sweater dress with long, billowy sleeves, its short and synched at the bottom so that you can wear it with leggings and boots. it has a complicated bust to explain right now so i will let my pictures tell all later on. right now its only about 75% finished and it needs to be finished by around 5pm at the latest tomorrow. i think i will be fine on time, actually. 




so im pretty excited about this. because while everyone else is at DAAP working their butts off on paintings and cardboard stuff.....


im sitting on aarons bed eating jelly beans, watching tv, and doing one of my favorite hobbies. the down side of all of this is that i spent 65$ on yarn. ha. 




<3

2 comments:

lil sis said...

Only you could turn a difficult project into comfy lazy time that involves food. You are good.
Can't wait to see it on you!
Love from home,
mom

Lucas said...

Yikes! Yarn is expensive! I have TONS just hanging around since I don't knit much anymore. If you need some, let me know. :)