This Week The Trend

My photo
Bluffton, OH, United States
doing little, enjoying lots.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Stephanie...

did you see the faces in the water?
i know you caught the reflections in my eyes
and in that vital stare
you may have saved my life
and in that broken chair
all i could do was laugh
its too late to cry
sit back
and
sigh, boy.
kick at those shackles on the floor

ooh, my, my, stephanie
you know you're just too pretty to be
working in this town
and you haven't got the brains to stick around

grasp at the days
as they glide slowly by
you are standing still
but you don't know why
not all too subtly, you ask
where they've gone
your question darts right through the air
and echoes hard and long

ooh, my, my, stephanie
you walk along the shore
i saw you run away from me
what were you running for?

ooh, ooh, my, my
stephanie
its getting hard to breathe.
whatever is the matter..
with me?

i know you thought this through
until the very end
you wouldn't be yourself unless you had
its only just a rainbow
its only just a car
wherever did they come from?
they ran just like you are

ooh, my, my stephanie
you know you're just too pretty to be
working in this town
but by all means, you should stick around.
i'll need some company
deep into the ground

1 comment:

Don said...

Very nice. Very nice indeed.

UD